Arizona Translators and Interpreters (ATI) Annual Conference
2019 Arizona Translators and Interpreters (ATI) Annual Conference – 15th Anniversary!!
Cruising the Language Superhighway
Saturday, September 28, 2019
Maricopa Integrated Health Systems
2601 E. Roosevelt Street, Phoenix, AZ
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Arizona Translators and Interpreters (ATI) is the premier organization in the state offering professional development for translators and interpreters of all languages. The ATI Annual Conference has become a unique and phenomenal event. If you are a language professional looking to obtain CEUs, market your services or network with other professionals and language services providers (LSP’s), don’t miss it!
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Eliana Lobo, M.A. CoreCHI™
Trainer of Trainers of Healthcare (TOT)
Director, Lobo Language Access
Eliana Lobo is a Portuguese court and healthcare interpreter, Spanish/Portuguese translation supervisor, medical trauma center interpreter services Supervisor and Certified Medical Interpreter Trainer.
- Eliana earned two M.A.s from Brown University: Bilingual Education, and Portuguese & Brazilian Studies.
- She’s a nationally certified Core CHI-Portuguese, and a former Fulbright Grantee.
- Since 2013,via the NCIHC’s “HomeforTrainers” webinar workgroup, she has helped create and host over 30 national webinars on effective medical interpreter training.
Confirmed speakers to date:
- Karen Borgenheimer, T&I Professor, Florida International University, Miami, FL
- Carmelina Cadena, Interpreter, Founder of MayaInterpreter.com
- Jaime Fatás, Spanish Language Professor, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- David William Foster, Regents’ Professor of Spanish and Women and Gender Studies; Faculty Head, Spanish and Portuguese, Arizona State University, AZ
- Kamana Khadka, Nepali Interpreter and Cultural Liaison
- Justin Lee, Interpreter and Mentor
- Eva Morrow, Facilitator, Arizona Council of Human Service Providers, Tucson, AZ
- Ingrid Oseguera, National Board of Certified Medical Interpreters (NBCMI)
- Grace St.John-Carver, Conference Interpreter, President, Grecia International
- Francesca Samuel, EOIR Interpreter and Founder and President of alacartetranslations.com
More information will follow. Save the date!