- This event has passed.
Arizona Translators and Interpreters (ATI) Annual Conference
September 28, 2019
**PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE LOCATION BELOW**
2019 ATI Annual Conference
Cruising the Language Superhighway
Saturday, September 28, 2019
Drury Inn and Suites – Phoenix Sky Harbor Location
3333 East University Drive, Phoenix, AZ, 85034
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Come join us as we celebrate 15 years of service to the Arizona community!
Arizona Translators and Interpreters (ATI) is the premier organization in the state offering professional development for translators and interpreters of all languages. The ATI Annual Conference has become a unique and phenomenal event. If you are a language professional looking to obtain CEUs, market your services with language service providers (LSP’s) or network with other professionals, you cannot afford to miss it! Breakfast and lunch is included!
Eliana Lobo, M.A. CoreCHI™
Trainer of Trainers of Healthcare (TOT)
Director, Lobo Language Access
Eliana Lobo is a Portuguese court and healthcare interpreter, Spanish/Portuguese translation supervisor, medical trauma center interpreter services Supervisor and Certified Medical Interpreter Trainer.
- Eliana earned two M.A.s from Brown University: Bilingual Education, and Portuguese & Brazilian Studies.
- She’s a nationally certified Core CHI-Portuguese, and a former Fulbright Grantee.
- Since 2013,via the NCIHC’s “HomeforTrainers” webinar workgroup, she has helped create and host over 30 national webinars on effective medical interpreter training.
Workshops presented by (check out the workshop schedule for session titles):
- Karen Borgenheimer, T&I Professor, Florida International University, Miami, FL
- Carmelina Cadena, Interpreter, Founder of MayaInterpreter.com
- Dietlinde DuPlessis, Audiovisual Translator
- Armando Ezquerra Hasbún, Federally Certified Interpreter and NAJIT Board Member
- Jaime Fatás, Spanish Language Professor, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- David William Foster, Regents’ Professor of Spanish and Women and Gender Studies; Faculty Head, Spanish and Portuguese, Arizona State University, AZ
- Kamana Khadka, Nepali Interpreter and Cultural Liaison
- Eva Morrow, Facilitator, Arizona Council of Human Service Providers, Tucson, AZ
- Ingrid Oseguera, National Board of Certified Medical Interpreters (NBCMI)
- Dr. Gloria Rivera, CMI-Spanish, CHI-Spanish
- Grace St.John-Carver, Conference Interpreter, President, Grecia International
- Francesca Samuel, EOIR Interpreter and Founder and President of alacartetranslations.com