The American Translators Association (ATA) – offers a generalist translation certification in various languages.
National Association of Judiciary Interpreters & Translators (NAJIT) – the national association promotes the highest professional standards in the field of legal interpreting and translation.
College Programs for court and medical interpreters and translators
- Pima Community College – this is an Associate of Applied Arts in interpretation and translation studies for Spanish speakers.
Resources for Translators:
- Proz.com – a membership-based website for freelance translators offering job opportunities and training in the field of translation.
- TranslatorTips – a forum to help translators do better business.
- Translation Journal – a publication aimed at the translation community.
- The Translation’s Home Companion – a focal point of information about resources available on the web for translators.
- Gengo – lessons for beginner translators.
- Payment Practices – the oldest and most extensive dataset related to the payment practices of translation agencies and other consumers of translation services.
- American Translators Association (ATA) – ATA offers a national certification in the following language pairs:
- into English from Arabic, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Ukrainian.
- from English into Chinese, Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Ukrainian.